Estimate and Manage Your Energy, Oil & Gas Project
Estimate and manage your next energy sector projects using ProjStream’s end-to-end solutions for project cost estimating, management and control. With BOEMax and MaxTeam, you can easily develop and manage project time phased cost data from inception to completion. Leverage built-in functions such as a searchable library of historical data, hierarchical bills of material, schedule integration, workflow, rich text documentation, and robust reporting to help standardize how you create and organize project data.
Win the energy, oil & gas contract
BOEMax is an all-in-one estimating and estimate management tool that simplifies the estimate development process. Leverage the central database in BOEMax to help estimators organize their data, collaborate, and manage the estimate development process using a foundation of searchable historical data and process standards so they can create data driven cost estimates easier and faster.
Features for the entire estimate development process
Build the work breakdown structure (WBS): Create the WBS manually, otherwise import it from Excel or your schedule tool. BOEMax uses the structure to automatically create the hierarchical estimate grid view ready for you to begin developing your cost estimate data.
Import, parse, and map requirements: BOEMax saves you time because it automatically parses lengthy requirements documents into a code structure so you can quickly map requirements to the WBS elements.
Central database: Create cost estimate data and enter rich text documentation all in one place. The central database helps you organize the time phased data and build a searchable historical database so you can create quality, data driven cost estimates.
Easy to use grid view: Quickly enter or view data using a familiar user interface similar to Excel. Expand or collapse the WBS hierarchy, change the order of the columns, hide or show columns, or sort and filter the data to quickly build your estimate data.
Manage the estimate development with built-in workflow: No more guessing where things are in the estimate development process or who has approved the estimate. With BOEMax, you can trace who created or modified the data and who has electronically signed off on the estimate.
Searchable estimating process library: Quickly create accurate and credible estimates using historical cost estimates and actual costs. Search the library to leverage existing estimates at the project, WBS, or task level.
Build simple or complex rate structures: Use the rate structures to build cost rules for craft labor categories to calculate indirect costs and total costs from base values you enter such as labor hours, material quantities, or material cost.
Bi-directional integration with schedule tools: Estimate the duration of tasks, sequence of work, and resource requirements in your schedule tool to create the time phased estimate data in BOEMax. Or, use base task, duration, and resource requirements from BOEMax to create the resource loaded task data in the schedule tool. Schedulers then can add the sequence of work logic to determine the proper time phasing in BOEMax. Simplifies the process and ensures the time phased cost estimates align with the schedule task dates.
Hierarchical bills of material (BOMs): Easily enter BOM quantities for a top assembly, automatically flow the quantity to the sub-assemblies, and determine the cost of materials for the work tasks.
3) Analyzing what-if scenarios
Estimate versioning: Create a “snapshot” of the estimate and create as many versions as needed so you can easily compare versions or restore a version to be the live version.
Estimate version reporting: Compare versions at any level of the estimate data structures. For example, compare labor category by hours and total cost at different WBS levels or at the project level.
4) Creating reportsCustom report builder: Quickly create a variety of reports using the standard report options or built-in reporting tools. Easily drag and drop database fields to create report rows and columns, add grouping criteria or filters to produce reports such as:
- Basis of estimate reports
- Cost summary reports
- Subcontractor or supplier basis of estimate reports
- Ad hoc pivot table reports
- Rate reports
- Productivity factor and material installation reports
- Combined time phased data and documentation reports
Rich text documentation and reporting: Create documents with or without rich text templates for repeatable use. This could include information such as basis of estimate rationale, risk, assumptions, requirements, and more.
How BOEMax integrates with project cost management tools:
- Export estimate data to the cost management software: Leverage the estimate data to quickly create the time phased budget in MaxTeam for the execution phase of the project.
- Simplifies managing changes and rolling wave planning: As work progresses and you need to update the budget for the remaining work, model the changes in BOEMax and push the approved changes to MaxTeam for full traceability.
- Enables resource capacity and demand analysis. Since BOEMax and MaxTeam share a common database, you can manage resource capacity and demand for pending new projects and existing projects. You have more visibility into resource constraints and can plan ahead for moving resources between projects ramping up or down.
We can customize BOEMax to fit your estimating needs. We can help you to:
- Set up custom reports with user defined codes and fields tailored to project specific needs or your unique business environment. These codes and fields automatically show up in reporting options so cost and basis of estimate reporting is easy and flexible.
- Establish historical content in the searchable process library. We can help you populate the source data in the process library so it includes common labor and material requirements for repeatable tasks that can be used for future estimates. This can include data from previous estimates as well as historical actuals.
Proactively manage your energy sector project from start to completion
MaxTeam is a project cost management tool perfect for a project’s planning and execution phases. MaxTeam and BOEMax share a common database so project control teams can quickly create the project’s budget plan using the source cost estimate data. They can easily maintain the budget and forecast data with built-in workflow to manage changes as well as robust ad-hoc reporting. They can import actual costs, use the schedule status to measure progress, track resource capacity and demand as well as cash flow, revenue projections, and other performance metrics for data driven decision making.
Features for each stage of the project cycle
Import the cost estimate from BOEMax: Transfer the estimate data directly from BOEMax to MaxTeam to quickly create the time phased budget data. You have the complete data structure, calendar, rates, resource structure, and time phased cost data in place to organize, plan, and manage the project. Then use BOEMax for managing changes and rolling wave planning.
Otherwise, build the work breakdown structure (WBS) as the basis to plan the project: Create the WBS manually, import it from Excel, or import it from your schedule tool. MaxTeam uses the structure to automatically create the hierarchical grid view so you can quickly begin developing the time phased budget.
Import, parse, and map requirements: MaxTeam can automatically parse requirement paragraphs into a code structure so you can map the statement of work requirements to the WBS elements.
Central database: Use MaxTeam to create and maintain your time phased cost data including budget, earned value, estimated actuals, actual cost, and forecast as well as rich text documentation all in one place.
Easy to use grid view: Quickly enter or view data using a familiar user interface similar to Excel. Expand or collapse the WBS hierarchy, change the order of the columns, hide or show columns, or sort and filter the data to quickly create your budget data. Or, create role-based views to fit your needs.
Schedule integration: Ensures the time phased budget data are always in alignment with the resource loaded activity data. Eliminates common disconnects between the schedule and cost data. You can map the fields in the schedule tool to the fields required for the cost data such as the WBS, control account, work package, charge code, or other user defined codes.
3) Executing the Work, Monitor and Control
Import schedule activity status: Use the schedule status as the basis for the work package progress assessment and calculating earned value. Eliminates common disconnects between the schedule and cost data.
Import actual costs from the accounting system: Easily import actual costs from the accounting system. You can establish an actual cost import template to simplify the weekly or monthly import process.
Enter and maintain estimated actuals: Enter and track estimated actuals to assist in developing the forecast at completion. Replace the estimated actual values when the actual costs become available from the accounting system.
Update forecasts in the same grid view: Easily maintain the labor forecast for the remaining work and apply forecast rates. Use the forecast data along with the estimated actuals or actual costs to determine the likely forecast as completion.
Produce work and financial performance metrics: MaxTeam includes an interactive dashboard, MaxBoard, to quickly assess work progress, resource capacity and demand, and financial metrics across projects. Configure key performance indicators (KPIs) to match business objectives for a specific project, a group of projects, or enterprise wide.
Manage the change control process workflow: Baseline change requests or work authorization documents requiring approval show up in a person’s queue waiting for them to take the required action. Then the item moves to the next responsible person. Basis of estimate, baseline change request, and work authorization forms with electronic signatures automatically track budget changes.
4) ReportingCreate common project cost management reports and outputs: With easy-to-use wizards, you can produce:
- Pivot table and ad hoc reports
- Cost summary and time phased cost management reports for data driven decision making
- Single or cross-project forecast at completion reports for financial analysis
- Combined time phased data and documentation reports
- Built-in standard line charts and graphics
- Dashboard view for work or financial performance metrics and variance analysis
How MaxTeam integrates with BOEMax
- Quickly establish a budget baseline. Simply copy the cost estimate data from BOEMax into MaxTeam as the basis to create the time phased budget data.
- Managing changes and rolling wave planning. Simply model your changes in BOEMax and then merge the approved changes into MaxTeam.
- Shared workflow process. Use BOEMax and MaxTeam together for a complete audit trail of budget changes.
- Shared interactive dashboard. Project managers, functional managers, finance, and executive management can use MaxBoard to track performance trends or quickly identify areas of concern.
Easy, customized setup that aligns with your process and procedures. We can help you to quickly set up:
- Custom reports with user defined codes and fields to support cross-project reporting or project unique requirements. These codes and fields show up in the reporting options so reporting is easy and flexible.
- Data mapping for the schedule tool or other data interfaces you want to establish with the project cost data in MaxTeam.
- The workflow roles, applicable forms, and approval levels to align with your change control process and functional roles.